Thursday, May 7, 2009

MY MISSION

Having a spiritual awakening as a result of receiving the Holy Spirit and trusting in God; I will try to carry this message to others and I will believe the Word and put my faith in Jesus.
A life set free from all addictions by the Lord is a beautiful sight to behold. I will practice these principals and share my experiences and people will see the glory of God in my life, and gain hope. I know from experience the depths of suffering, affliction, and brokenness. I know the pain of being enslaved to my passions and blinded by my denial. I have endured my seasons of grieving. I can relate to those who struggle to be free. I also know that there is more to life than bondage. In Christ are healing and freedom, clarity and mercy, beauty and joy. When Jesus came to earth He had a mission which was expressed in these words " The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me for the Lord has anointed me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come....to all who mourn...he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair" Isaiah 61v1-3
This mission has been passed onto all of us. Some people talk about preaching the Gospel but alienate those who need the good news the most. I am in a unique position to share my experiences, my strengths, and my hope in a way that broken people can understand and receive it.
I can recognize the warning signs of addictive/compulsive tendencies in those around me, as well as in myself. When touching on such deep and sensitive issues, it is important to speak in the language of love, not condemnation.
The bible tells us that if someone "is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ." Galatians 6v1-2
The command was the one Jesus taught his disciples. “So now I am giving you a new commandment; love each other just as I have loved you, you should love each other." John 13 v34 “This is my commandment; love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s live for one’s friend." John 15v12-13
I am not a savior, but I can love others as He has loved me. Love goes beyond more than words. Sometimes it is spoken in silence, when I don’t condemn someone who comes to me looking for help. Love doesn’t just tell them what the problems are, but it helps carry the weight of their burdens. I can be part of a support network to help carry my friend until they are able to take steps towards recovery on their own initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment