Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MY TESTIMONY

Listen I have some great parents, I know this, I realize how much they sacrificed for me. My dad was always there for me, growing up he was my best friend. He always spent time with me. I was always in sports; football, baseball, and basketball. I can’t remember him missing a practice, much less a game. The only problem was we were just alike, as far as stubbornness, sometimes we would bump heads, It wasn’t that I don’t respect him, but he raised me to stand up for what I believe, and I always thought I was right. But like I said in my profile my dad is my hero, I hope I haven’t let him down as a son. My mother (God bless her soul) was more of a referee, she is such a strong woman, just to have put with us for so long, I know it was not easy. I am so grateful for the mother she is to me. I love you mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Granny started taking me to church when I was around eleven or twelve. And I realized that I didn’t want to go to Hell, but I fought it for a long time. The only thing I regret about the night I asked the Lord into my life was my parents were not there. All the other kid’s parents were there rejoicing for their decision they had made, but someone really special to me was there with me ( Allison Baker) she is a great woman and I thank God for her presence in my life. After that I was at church every time the doors opened. Then when I started youth, Steve Hargrove was my youth leader and be became a great friend to me. I thank God for putting Steve in my life, and allowing him to teach me about the Lord. He could teach it where, I could understand the Word. I thank God for all the friends I made at Woolley Springs. My eleventh grade year during spring training I blew out my knee. The doctors said there was no way that I could get back for the first game. So I had my surgery on May 25. In the mean time my dad had started going to church, at Acts Christians Center. Where I saw a whole different church, and I realized how much I had been missing. Brother Larry Hastings is heavily anointed and he prayed over my knee, and I had the faith, and God healed me, I was released from my doctor in two months from my surgery. Quicker than anyone in history, I praise Jesus for that. I started striving to live for the Lord. Then on December 19, 1998 while driving home from Ardmore, a woman ran a stop sign, and we hit each other. The impact killed the woman and her seven month old daughter, I tried to get to the girl, but they wouldn’t let me. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was that little girl. That night my life changed, I became angry with God. And just started living in the world. My flesh took over, I was kicked off the baseball team, and I just went downhill after that. I started drinking and drugging, and just plain partying. There was times when I went back to church, but I could just not let the wreck go. I blamed God, and just could not stop. Since then I have been med flighted twice and should have died both times; once when I wrecked a truck, and the other I was stabbed in the back and it pierced my lung.
Then over the last few years I became addicted to some pretty hard drugs, and I just became out of control. Having a great wife, and two beautiful kids, I knew I had to do something, but the devil had such a hold on me. Last Memorial Day I flipped my wife’s vehicle off about a thirty foot cliff, and again came out with hardly even a scratch. I know God has had his hand on me. I quit my job and tried to get away from everything but it had a hold on me, and I became deeply depressed, I decided my family was better off without me. So I tried to kill myself, but again God didn’t allow that. So I entered Bradford, where I got connected again with the Lord, with the help of a great friend I met in there. I have decided to turn my life totally over to the Lord, I am so grateful to be alive, and I know God has something special planned for me, that is why he saved me so many times. I have finally found where God wants me; He has led me to Bellevue. Where I have met some great people, whom came from California to start a church (Gateway Life). I thank God everyday for the church and the vision that is on this church. There is a sound being released that is resonating al over this area. I want to say I am sorry to everyone that I hurt, and to the ones that did not give up on me, I thank God for your prayers. I will not yet you all down again, I am going to become the man that God wants me to be. A great man, I meet told me not to worry about the past that I just had to work on a great testimony. So hopefully this testimony will reach people that need it and they can see that it is not hopeless. If I can turn it around, they can too. I Love the Lord, and I Love each and every one of you. Don’t give up, God will do anything to get you to turn your life over to him. All you have to do is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that He is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BY: CHRIS HANEY

No comments:

Post a Comment