Thursday, May 7, 2009

MY STORY

Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of receiving the Holy Spirit, I am trying to carry this message to others and I will practice these principles in all my affairs. I have a valuable story to tell. It is going to help other people who are trapped back where I was. I am willing to allow God to use me to help free others.
Jesus left us with this vital task. "Go into the entire world and preach the good news of salvation from the bondage and penalty of sin to everyone." Mark 16 v 15. The apostle Paul travelled the world telling everyone of his conversion. He ended up in chains, but his spirit was free. He presented his defense and his own story of redemption before the kings. King Agrippa interrupted him to become a Christian. Paul replied "Whether quickly or not I pray to God that both you and everyone here in this audience might become the same as I am, except for the chains." Acts 26 v 28-29
Within each personal journey from bondage is the story of the Gospel. When people hear my story, even if it seems trivial, I am offering them the chance to loosen their chains and begin their own recovery. Listen to me! I beg you! Don’t go down the road I have been down. I was too proud. I thought I could do it on my own, but all I did was end up broke, busted, and disgusted. I pray that you will listen to me and take my warning. This life is too difficult to go through alone without help. We cannot succeed without failure. We cannot succeed without God. We cannot contend with the devil with our flesh. We must believe in Jesus Christ and His Word and strive to live for Him. We are destroyed because of lack of knowledge. The cares of this world will choke out the Word, and the Word of God is a necessity for our life. The devil works through the power of suggestion, so we must stay in the Word and resist the suggestions. We must get this right! If we are easily offended we are not working or living in the Word. Just stay in the Word and believe in the Word and God will deliver us from evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment